Purpose and Use of Collected Information
EuroNanoForum 2019 processes personal data for the sole purposes of its aims, activities and Services, including:
- Event Registration, invoicing and billing of participants to the EuroNanoForum 2019 events and activities.
- Informing contacts on EuroNanoForum 2019 related events and activities.
- Improving user experience on our website.
- Authenticating, securing and collecting statistics on remote connections.
How Data Can Be Collected
EuroNanoForum 2019 can receive information and personal data through its organizers, websites, email notifications, and other interactions means, and may include:
- Information you provide about yourself when you use our Services.
- Information collected automatically and shared by your device for connectivity, such as your IP address, software configurations, etc. Such data may be logged for security reasons.
- Cookies and similar technologies: We limit the use of “cookie” technology and other similar technologies.
Data Storage and Retention Period
The data retention period is minimized and data that are not useful anymore are deleted. The data retention period is determined by taking into account the legal, security, management and other legitimate Service requirements.
Sharing and Transfer of Information
Personal data are processed with care and strict rules are applied to avoid any unnecessary data transfers to third parties or to geographic locations that may expose the data at risk. We may share personal data in the following cases:
- With Data Processors and Partners for our Services and activities, such as online payment solutions, onsite registration process, or data storage infrastructure.
- When Required by Law or for legitimate purpose, such as: protecting the legal rights and safety of EuroNanoForum 2019, its partners, and the users of its Services.
- For Reporting: We use aggregated and anonymized data when reporting on the participants to our events. However, names and affiliations of participants attending EuroNanoForum 2019 related events as keynote speakers, chairs, moderators, speakers or officials may appear in public reports, press releases and through other information means.
We use physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. If you identify any weakness in our security, please inform us.
Data Subject Rights
Users have rights on their personal data. You may contact our Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to assert your rights as a Data Subject, including the right to access, rectify, erase your personal data; the right to withdraw consent and to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data; and the right to portability of your personal data. Data Subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in case their rights would be violated.
Changes to this Policy
Contact on Data Protection
If you have any questions about this policy or your privacy on the Services, you can contact our Representative at email@example.com.
Last update: March 19, 2019