*Feb. 23, 1954 Munich
Robert Schlögl studied chemistry and completed his PhD at Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich. After post-doctoral stays at Cambridge and Basle and a professorship at University Frankfurt, in 1994 he became a director at the Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society in Berlin. Furthermore, in 2011 he was appointed founding director of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion in Mülheim a.d. Ruhr.
He is an Honorary Professor at Technical University Berlin, Humboldt University Berlin, University Duisburg-Essen, Ruhr University Bochum, Boreskov Institute Novosibirsk and Distinguished Affiliated Professor TU Munich.
His research mainly focuses on inorganic chemistry, heterogeneous catalysis, nanostructures, material science for chemical energy conversion and the development of concepts for sustainable energy supply and storage.
He is author of more than 1000 publications, gave more than 450 invited talks and lectures and is registered inventor of more than 20 patent families. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Tetelman Fellow and member of numerous international organizations. His research activities have been recognized with several national and international awards.